Many have wondered what happened, why, etc. I thought it would be good to place those details in one easy to view location.
Two months earlier she said there were no plans to sell the house and we were welcome to stay another year. We planted a garden, landscaped, added furniture, and more.
On Monday, May 4th I received a call from the landlord saying that she was stressed and wanted to sell the home. She offered for us to buy the home, but there isn’t a way for us to do that.
On Tuesday she attempted to get us to pay for rent in July as well, effectively keeping us in the home for 3 months while she tried to sell it. There is a 60 day clause in the lease, and she tried to say that because of the it being May 5th before a written notice was served, she is entitled to July’s rent. I wrote her a note about the condition of the home, lack of repairs, and more. She backed off on the July rent.
Found a house on Wednesday. An older lady who makes this her summer home lives there currently. She writes a newspaper that delivers events to Japan that happen in Greece, Turkey, and Hungary. She speaks 4 languages. She is moving back there the first week of June and will be gone for at least 2 years, maybe 3.
The house has a better layout even though it is less square footage. The yard is better, the garage is bigger, the kids rooms are bigger, and more. Rent is about the same as the current location and it is only 2 blocks away, making moving easy.
On Thursday current landlord said we could stay and rent the house, but she needs to increase the monthly rent amount. We decline. Thursday afternoon she informs us that we need to fill out a lockbox authorization form. On this form it mentions to keep all our valuables out of sight, including prescription drugs. Further it says that personal injury may occur and that we are waiving liability for that.
I immediately think of our daughter being home alone after school for a few hours and a keybox hanging outside my front door. I inform the landlord that I need time to figure this out and that we would allow people to view the home for the time being as to not cause any issues. The landlord gets upset, claiming that I am required to have this and that it is in the lease (it is not).
No comments:
Post a Comment