Next day I received a call from the realtor saying a showing was happening that day from 2 – 3. No worries. At 3:22 my daughter calls and informs me that they just arrived at the house. Meaning they got there after 3 and let themselves in, completely ignoring the restricted times. Hearing their voices in the background on the phone while I am talking to her made me very uncomfortable. I don’t know these people. Is the realtor showing someone who has a thing for blonde haired girls?
What happened next though was unbelievable. The realtor was unable to do the tasks that 3 other realtors before her had managed to do, she could not get the key out of the front door lock. Giving up after a 15 second try, she told my daughter she was leaving and to “try and get the key out of the door if you can. If not, have your mommy or daddy come home to take care of it.”
So on top of unauthorized access to my home, they left my child alone with a key sticking out of the front door allowing any criminal to come inside. Needless to say I rushed home, leaving work early.
I pulled the key out without any trouble. It wasn’t forced, it just came right out. This leaves me wondering if the realtor even tried to remove it. I called the head realtor and informed her that I am keeping the container and the key and that from this moment no one is authorized to come inside the house.
She was very concerned about her lock box, didn’t care that my child was alone, and didn’t apologize at all for the actions of the other realtor. She also told me that the house would not sell if they can not access it during the day. I told her that I had no faith in their ability to follow procedures in place as this was the very first day of the restrictions and they weren’t followed whatsoever. I asked her “What kind of people are you sending into my house who are okay with leaving a minor without the ability to secure herself in her home?”
The realtor decided she needed to get off the phone at that point. I received a text from the landlord apologizing for what happened and that she didn’t blame us in our decision.
At this point we are not sure where to go with this. I don’t want to have the lockbox, but want to help sell the home to get out of there early and only pay partial rent in June. At the same time, who knows if the policies will be followed or just tossed aside again. The safety of my children trump any dollar amount.
1 comment:
Sounds like bad karma. Maybe you were an evil realtor in a past life.
Seriously, though, they're probably so desperate to sell houses these days that they're letting go of both their common sense and their common courtesy.
Post a Comment